!!Me!!

!!Me!!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Lesson Learned

I've learned many lessons in my life, but the one that has stuck with me through almost anything, is don't smoke. My mom is a current smoker, both my grandma and great grandma, and my nanny were smokers. My grandma and great grandma quit, many years ago, but my nanny wasn't so lucky she died. Her lungs were so messed up from the cigarettes, that she died at the age of 63. I don't remember her much but when my mom warns me about smoking risks, she uses herself and my nanny as an example. Most people would call my mom a hypocrite, because, she tells me not to smoke and then she goes and smokes, but she isn't to me she is trying to keep me from making the same mistake that she did. She is addicted to them and it is really hard for her to stop, she wants my lungs to be clean and healthy, and I respect her for taking the time to tell me risks and things that cigarets could do to me. I am 15 years old and I will admit I have tried to smoke and I will never try again, it's sickening and I just feel nasty and sick. A lot people I know smoke, and they ask if I want one, I look at them and say no. And when I grow up and have kids, i'll express that I do not want them to smoke and hopefully they listen to me. My mom, and my family has taught me a good lesson on not smoking and i'm going to stick with it.

1 comment:

  1. Good girl! No smoking! I've tried it, too, and I even smoked for a while in college. But, when you think about how BAD it is for you, it's just not worth it. I respect your mom, too, for encouraging you not to smoke...you're right she's not a hypocrite, just trying to protect you and keep you healthy. Stay with it, girl!

    ReplyDelete